In summary we take your privacy and security seriously. We do not sell your data to any third party organisation and the content uploaded to Airchild is your content.
At Airchild, we understand the importance of privacy and its security to you. We take privacy very seriously and are committed to dealing with Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth, Australia), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c5 (federal, Canada), the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta, Canada), the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia, Canada), all applicable United States federal and state privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), Early Learning Personal Information Protection Act (ELPIPA), and any other applicable privacy legislation.
Collection of Information
Airchild may collect two types of information from you when you visit the Platform: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”).
- “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, employer, job title and department, telephone number, and other information listed in Section 12.
- “Non-Personal Information” means data that is about you, but does not identify you specifically. If you do nothing during your visit to our Platform but browse, read pages, or view content, we will gather and store Information about your visit that does not identify you personally.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Through our communications with you.
- From third parties.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Platform.
- Automatically, on an aggregate level, when you utilize our Services.
- Through analytics.
We may collect Personal Information (being information about a person from which their identity is apparent or can reasonably be determined). This information can include names, dates of birth, email addresses, home and work addresses, telephone numbers and photographs. It can also include such information (where applicable) about a child. We will collect such information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We may collect Personal Information in circumstances including:
- From you directly when you provide information to us (whether face to face or otherwise);
- Information that you provide when you subscribe to our Services or purchase our products.
- Information you provide when you create an account on our Platform or subscribe to our mailing list.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform.
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with our Platform. We may ask you for additional Information to resolve the problem.
- Information that you provide in connection with an inquiry you have.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform.
- When Personal Information about including a photograph or video of an individual is loaded into the Application;
- If materials created by a child include such Personal Information and are loaded into the Application by the child or other persons authorised by the child’s parent or guardian to do so;
- In relation to a child, from that person’s parent or guardian, family member or Early Childhood Provider at a centre using the Application, or a professional care provider who has registered to use the Application;
- In respect of sensitive information (as defined in privacy legislation) when such information is submitted in relation to a child or an adult in posts made by Users through the Application;
- When you enter into a transaction with us using a credit card or method of payment other than cash;
- When you interact with us on social media, visit our website and send an enquiry through or make a comment or other post at the Website;
- When you sign up or subscribe to an email marketing list;
- When we meet with an organisation wishing to do business with us (and an individual from that organisation provides Personal Information about themselves); and
- When evaluating job applicants and personnel which may include collection of details such as employment history and educational qualifications. This may include “sensitive information”.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the ways in which you use our platform, the way you respond to us when we send you emails or communications or your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Your location;
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol address to direct internet traffic to you;
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited the Platform;
- The web pages or Services you accessed at the Platform;
- The website you visited prior to coming to the Platform; and
- Cookies, which are small text files that a web server (such as Airchild or its chosen web hosting company server) places on a user’s computer. When accessing a cookie, the Airchild server reads a number associated with a browser, but is unable to determine any data about a user. With that number, our web server can tailor its content to the needs of the specific browser, and we can optimize the Platform for your use. You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and Services.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address. We may also infer information about your email and contact preferences based on how you respond to our communications with you, what information you find helpful, and what type of communication language most resonates with you.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media sites, credit bureaus, data enrichment providers, fraud prevention vendors and partners, and publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a third-party site, we may have access to certain information from that site, which could include information such as your name, account information, and other information you make available, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party site.
Integrations with Other Services
You may have the option of integrating our Services with other services, technologies or platforms on your desktop, permitted websites and/or your mobile phone. For example, we may offer you widgets that have countdowns to various launches as well as the opportunity to connect the Services with other third-party services that you use in your business. These integrations may require you to input information about you or result in the disclosure of information about you from the Services to a third party, or cause the Services to receive information about you from a third party with whom you instruct us to integrate. These integrations may (i) check for updates automatically and transmit your information to their server and/or engine; (ii) send information entered into or accessed by the technology to its server and/or engine; (iii) be visible to the public if embedded on publicly available webpages (such as social networking webpages); or (iv) transmit information about you to or from the Services, depending on the policies of that website. Please note that when you enable an integration between the Services and a third party, any information about you that is transmitted to a third party will be subject to the policies and procedures of that third party and not of Airchild.
Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information about you or your child for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- To verify your identity;
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you and provide you (including through functionality provided with an Application) with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the relevant legislation including under the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and other applicable legislation.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or Services we offer or provide though it;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- To personalize our Services and advertising to you;
- Audit related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including but not limited to, counting ad impressions of unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors impairing existing intended functionality;
- Undertake internal research for technical development and demonstration;
- Undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service owned, manufactured for, or controlled by Airchild, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service owned, manufactured for, or controlled by Airchild;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Airchild and others;
- Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- To receive and address feedback or complaints from you;
- Incidentally, where educators at centres and their educational mentors, for their further professional development, may view, some content of an account to which an Early Childhood Provider has lawful access;
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary); and
- In other circumstances, with your prior consent.
All those with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you. You acknowledge that some features of the Application may involve us providing through the Application recommendations or suggestions for goods, services or benefits that we offer.
We may use Personal Information for the purpose of marketing but only where such use complies with privacy legislation in effect in the relevant state/territory. We may, subject to legislative requirements, send occasional emails to you in relation to our current or future services. Any such emails will contain an unsubscribe link, enabling you to opt-out of these messages.
We take steps to regularly destroy data (being Personal Information and sensitive information) that does not need to be archived and to de-identify stored data where identification of a person is not reasonably required or necessary.
Platform statistics are compiled into traffic reports, which help Airchild understand, anticipate, and respond to user needs. If we learn, for example, of heightened interest in certain aspects of the Airchild website, we are likely to highlight that information on the Platform home page. This Information helps us create a better overall experience for Platform users.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements and for other purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information. And in some circumstances we will anonymise your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information outside our organisation for limited purposes, such as to help us run our business and provide services.
We often need to engage other companies and individuals to help us operate and provide the Services. This includes our related bodies corporate, vendors and service providers (such as learning management platforms and analytics and security providers) who have only limited access to information about you, may use such information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated to us not to disclose or use information about you for other purposes. Note that any sharing of information as described in this section does not apply to Contact Data.
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- IT support providers;
- Marketing businesses engaged by us to disseminate materials to which recipients have consented;
- With related bodies corporate, vendors, consultants and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud detection and prevention, and customer service support providers;
- If you post content in a public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services;
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services or to otherwise integrate third party products with our Services, such as connecting your email account to our platform or integrating an ecommerce account with our Services, we may share certain information with the integration partners or as directed by you through the integration you enable (See our “Integrations with Other Services” section for more information);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Airchild or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Airchild and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties outside our organisation:
- Where we have your express permission to do so or it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties;
- Where you are a User- and the third party in question is your employer, being the Centre who controls/ maintains the Centre Account to which your User Profile relates – in response to a request from the Centre to access that User Profile or other related Personal Information;
- If Airchild or substantially all of its assets were acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information which we hold may be one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure as under this policy); and
- If we are under a duty or have a legal right to disclose or share Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our personnel and Users. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide or facilitate the provision of goods and services and associated purposes. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by law in handling your Personal Information, and use your Personal Information only for the purposes that we give it to them.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transborder Data Flows
Data Transfer Agreements
Security of Personal Information
Retaining Your Information
Cancelling your Account
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
“We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Airchild”
This refers to Airchild of 12/104 Barwon St, Morningside QLD 4170, Australia.
Personal Data (or Data)
“Data” or “Content” means any Personal Information that is collected and stored. Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
“You” or “Your” or “User” means any User of the Website or Services. The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
This Website (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
This means Our software licensed as part of the Services.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Cookies are Trackers consisting of small sets of data stored in the User’s browser.
Tracker indicates any technology – e.g Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags and fingerprinting – that enables the tracking of Users, for example by accessing or storing information on the User’s device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Latest update: 05 October, 2022